Thursday, April 29, 2010

Single Mom Time

Well...my husband is out of town, again. He's gone for 10 days this time and I'm doing the single mom thing. I must say that part of it is good and part of it just sucks.

I like that I know that what has to get done will get done on my time. If I want it done now, I better get off my butt and do it now. If I want it done later, I'll do it later. This is unlike I want it done now and ask someone to take care of it and then ask them again and then ask them again and then ask them again and then get exasperated and do it myself. This way takes a lot less energy.

I like that I don't trip over shoes and dirty clothes between my bed and the shower each day.

I really like that I don't trip over shoes and dirty clothes between my bed and the bathroom in the middle of the night.

I like that the bed is all mine and I can sleep diagonal if I want to.

I don't like that I have to do EVERYTHING. I have to do all the cooking and all the cleaning.

I don't like that I have to do all the disciplining.

I don't like that the bed is all mine and it's cold when I get in.

I don't like that I have to get the kids up and lunches packed all by myself.

I don't like that I have trouble getting to sleep and stay up wayyyy too late.

I like that I know he will come home soon and I won't be doing this on my own anymore.

No comments: