So I was flipping through the channels tonight and stumbled across a Channel 9 (KCTS) special, call-in to donate and receive a kit, informative interview thing. You know what I mean, right? It was on Adult ADD and I listened to the people and thought - my God this could so be me! Not the first time I've thought this and my mom has told me that she wonders if I had it as a kid back before anyone knew what ADD was. I even went online and took some quizes which I scored well on or high on or possibly positive for ADD on. Next step...I reserved a couple books from the library to look into things more. But, the biggest things that stood out that I heard or read that rang true for me....
* poor organizational skills (home, office, desk, or car is extremely messy and cluttered)
* tendency to procrastinate
* trouble starting and finishing projects
* chronic lateness
* underestimating the time it will take you to complete tasks
* “zoning out” without realizing it, even in the middle of a conversation.
* extreme distractibility; wandering attention makes it hard to stay on track.
* frequently interrupt others or talk over them
* have addictive tendencies (in my case: shopping and eating come to mind)
* feelings of inner restlessness, agitation
* getting bored easily
* racing thoughts
* trouble sitting still; constant fidgeting
* talking excessively
* doing a million things at once
HELLO?? I'm not ready to call a doctor and get medication or anything, but reading a book or two and getting some possible coping mechanisms couldn't hurt.
The title sounds like it was written for me.....