Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Getting Threaded

So it has been 5 months since I moved here and my eyebrows are out of control.  I used to get a waxing done regularly back home.  Here they do “threading”.  I wasn’t looking forward to it, but enough was enough.

I laid back on a table and braced myself.  The woman somehow wrapped thread around her hands and went at it.

I didn’t take pictures of my actual threading.  But here’s an example:

 

Here’s how it basically sounds…..rip, rip, rip, rip, rip, rip, rip as every eyebrow is one by one ripped out of your head.  For a woman with lots of eyebrows to rip – owie!

Here’s the best I have for my own before and of course since I didn’t come right home for an after I can’t find one.  All my pictures show me with sunglasses on!!  I’m surprised I even had this one.  Needless to say the “after” is a billion times better!

P1060140

No comments: