Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pretending it’s Fall

So the weather here is still in the upper-80’s.   Sometimes it will dip to the lower 80’s but it’s still pretty warm.

I have lots of friends back in the Pacific Northwest who are talking about cold, rainy weather or snow.  They are bundling up and getting ready for the Fall and Winter holidays.  Sigh…..

I decided to pretend it was really Fall here and baked up some yummy Pumpkin Muffins!

I’ve had this recipe for about 20 years and I love it!

Pumpkin Bread

Mix together:

3¾ Cups Sugar

3 tsp. Baking Soda

¾ tsp. Baking Powder

2¼ tsp. Salt

1½ tsp. Cinnamon

1½ tsp. Cloves

1½ tsp. Nutmeg

5 Cups Flour

Mix together:

5 Eggs (or substitute equivalent)

1 Large Can of Pumpkin

1½ cups Canola Oil

Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Grease and flour loaf pans. Fill pans ¾ full and bake at 300 degrees for 1-½ hours. Makes 4 large loaves.

I usually make a mixture of mini-muffins, regular muffins and mini-loaves. Watch the cooking time, it doesn’t need to cook as long for the muffins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I use fresh pumpkin do I need to boil them and mash them first? Thanks for the receipe