Thursday, September 22, 2011

Cameron turns 3!

I can't believe our little boy turned 3 today! I can't imagine life without him. He is one constant bundle of amusement and charm all rolled in one.

We gave him his birthday present yesterday when Brian was here:








Cameron is really, really into Disney Cars. It doesn't help that there is Disney Cars paraphernalia EVERYWHERE and he is so stinkin' cute that I have a hard time saying no to him. He also enjoys playing MarioKart with Alexander on the Wii so we figured it would be great to get him the Disney Cars game and a matching steering wheel. He loved it!

On his actual birthday I made him a cake with no frosting (like he asked for):

A few days later he got a birthday box in the mail from his Papa Ray and Grandma Trudy and was SO excited to open up one Cars item after another:





Now for the sad to me part.....I figured that his 3rd birthday would be a wonderful celebration filled with lots of friends and fun times and so far, no real friends. How sad is that? It probably bothers me more than him. It's just that last year I decided to NOT do a big birthday because he was 2 and it wasn't that big a deal so we just did cake and presents as a family but then I regretted it so I did another cake but no presents with his playgroup pals but I KNEW that for Birthday #3 I would do it up big and great like I did with my other kids and NO, it wasn't to be.

I can still remember Alexander's 3rd Buggy Birthday where we did buggy crafts and a bug hunt and he had a great time with about 15 friends. Sigh..... Maybe next year will be big?












No comments: