Tuesday, September 27, 2011

GPS Broke and I got lost

I bought a GPS a few days after moving here and it’s been saving grace and maybe a little bit of a crutch.  I got in the car the other day and found that ALL of my favorites were erased and it had set back to the original settings.  CRAP!!!  I had to get Cameron to preschool and only knew the GENERAL area that the school was located.  There are no street addresses here and there is a bit of logic in the illogic of how the streets are.  Everything is a grid and within every little grid are the same street numbers so you cross Street 15 and find 6th, 7th, 8th, etc… and then you cross Street 19 and find 6th, 7th, 8th, etc…  So you need to know cross streets and landmarks to get around.

Ummmm……I had a GPS and didn’t pay attention to things like that.  So, I thought I knew the general area it was in and typed in what I THOUGHT was the intersection and headed in that direction and THEN I drove in circles on this square block of numbers trying to find the preschool.  No luck.  So I proceeded to call the school and the lady even offered to have me stop and she would come to me and get me.  I politely declined.  I REALLY wanted to figure it out so instead she gave me the directions and stayed on the phone with me for a while.

Eventually I got there.  School starts at 8:00 and they should be there by 8:30.  I had PLANNED to have him there by 8:15 and he got there by 8:45.  I swear it only takes 15 minutes from my house.  I re-programmed it in my GPS and now have a better idea of where it is so it shouldn’t happen again!

On the plus side….this would have led to a panic attack a few weeks ago and I was TOTALLY FINE!!

No comments: